Sunday 2 August 2009

Markmaking techniques





To practise different markmaking techniques i drew lots of 5cm squares on some A3 paper and used different mediums in each square, and as many different ways of making marks as i could think of. I then cut out a few of these squares and stuck them in my sketchbook, i decided to give each different medium its own page.

I liked doing this exercise, i was surprised at how many different ways i could make marks and with all the different media. I ended up doing more squares than i originally planned as i kept thinking of new techniques and new ways of using each media.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lyzanne, these mark making exercises look very impressive! They look to me as though they must have taken you ages to do. They took about twice as long for me to complete as I thought they would and finally,I've just finished. Mine are also for OCA Drawing course, and I feel as though it may cause me to ask for a second extension to my deadline.Not to worry - all in the name of progress! Best wishes on your course, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete